ABB 266 Modbus Multivariable
The ABB 266 MODBUS multivariable provides precise and reliable measurement of differential pressure, static pressure, temperature and diagnostic information once per second, to flow computers and RTUs. Individual device MODBUS addresses can be easily configured using the optional display or using the XMV Interface application in ABB’s Totalflow flow computers or RTUs. This application creates a “plug and play” interface to the multivariable sensor and indicates any active alarms that may be present in easily understood text. The combination of ABB’s Totalflow flow computer or RTU and one or more ABB 266 MODBUS multivariables makes an ideal solution when multi-tube measurement is required and when the transmitters must be located in a Class I, Division I hazardous location.
- Two wire RS 485 MODBUS communications link
- Requires two additional wires for power
- Input voltage: 10.5 to 30 VDC
Application: Emergency Shutdown Valves for Burner Fuel in a Refinery
Description: In most refineries, a shut-off valve is placed in line to allow operators to shut down process lines in the event of an emergency. These are commonly referred to as ESD.
ESD valves are usually activated by a solenoid valve and are also equipped with limit switches for position feedback. In normal operation, ESD valves typically remain unused – remaining in the same position for many months or even many years. This lack of use causes concern with operators that the valve may not close when called on.
Special test procedures have been developed and are used in most production environments which offer an effective and practical method for testing shut-off valves to ensure they will work when needed. For example, partial stroke testing is a common practice, allowing valves to be partially stroked for testing purposes, without causing major interruption or down-time to the production process.
For more information, click here, or visit www.winn-marion.com.
Smart LACT System
The LACT control panel is the electrical brain of the LACT unit and controls the operation of controls, shutdowns and monitoring of the system. Winn-Marion can retrofit existing LACT models, or design a system catered to customers’ specific needs.
Accurate custody transfer requires precise measurement functions – level, temperature, density and BS&W. The accuracy of these functions are dependent upon the equipment. Winn-Marion, with their powerful partnership with R.W. Lyall, can implement a complete, LACT system.
- Configurable Security Systems
- Start/Stop Level or Flow Control
- Cold Climate Package Available
- Reduced Gain/Loss Cost Adjustments
- Remote Access Available
ABB CoriolisMaster Mass Flowmeters
ABB’s CoriolisMaster FCB330 & 350 compact coriolis flowmeters feature low pressure drop, high capacity and intuitive display.
Suitable for gas entrainment, and designed for most upstream and midstream oil and gas flow applications. With only one meter, it measures flow rate, density, temperature and concentration. As some of the most compact coriolis mass flowmeters on the market, and with no up or downstream piping required, they can be installed in tight spaces.
Wellhead flow measurement with ABB’s CoriolisMaster reduces measurement maintenance by up to 90%.
- Coriolis mass flow advantage – multivariable measurement of mass flow, density and temperature in one device
- Compact size with no up or downstream piping requirements – get the benefits of coriolis mass flow in tight spaces
- Low pressure drop – save 25% on pump energy costs compared to other brands
- Wide measurement span in a single meter – other brands require two meter sizes to meet all applications that costs more in spares and installation
- Easy to use – features ABB’s unique common HMI for easy set-up and commissioning
See all the information here.
Winn-Marion is excited to announce that they are the recipients of the ‘2013 Employer of the Year’ award, presented by Ecotech Institute.
Read more here…
The TCM18 is a multicircuit microprocessor-based temperature control and monitoring module developed specifically for heat tracing applications. A versatile electric heat tracing control and monitoring network is key to reducing operating costs in plants. This module provides control and monitoring capabilities via digital information display for a maximum of eighteen heat trace circuits. This module can be configured for either process sensing control (with either one or two RTD inputs for each circuit) and/or ambient sensing control (with the option of one or two RTD inputs).
- One (1) or Two (2) RTD Temperature Sensors per Circuit Control Output
- Field Mount up to 36 RTD Sensors for 18 Heating Circuits, or use Ambient Control & APC with a Common RTD for the Entire Module
- Operate in Ambient Temperatures Down to -40F and as High as +60F
- Distributed Heat Trace Control Reduces Power Wiring and Lower Overall Installed Costs
- Auxiliary 24 Vdc Output for Powering Optional Communication Modules or Other Auxiliary Devices
- Equipment has been Evaluated and Found Suitable for Overvoltage Category II over the Stated Range of Module Supply Voltage, in Accordance with IEC-61010-1:2010.
Click here for more information, or contact your local Winn-Marion office.
In oil and gas operations, accurate measurement is critical for operational efficiency, safety, and maximized production. Choosing the right technology and product for these measurements is paramount.
Read about Winn-Marion and ABB K-TEK’s success story: http://bit.ly/1invpXm